2,105 NABCo recruits to be removed; 1,098 to quit voluntarily
Over 2,000 youth are to be removed from the government’s Nation Builder’s Corps, NABCo program, because they were already employed by other state agencies. This was revealed by the Minister for Information, Kojo Oppong Nkrumah during a media briefing in the Eastern Regional capital, Koforidua on Sunday. According to him, the 2,105 people identified had been employed on other government programs such as YEA, NSS, Forestry Commission, a Ministry of Health Nursing Training institutions and in other sectors. “The Secretariat informs us that such persons will be exited from the program,” Kojo Oppong Nkrumah said. The government in October 2018 passed out 100,000 unemployed youth to serve in various state institutions as Nation Builders for a period of 3 years. Three months into the program, not all recruits have been posted to begin work but the government said they will receive their stipends regardless.
Some of those who have been deployed and have commenced work have also complained of delayed allowance. But the Minister for Information in explaining the reason for the delay in the payment of the allowance said some of those affected had entered wrong data hence their payments could not be processed to receive the GH¢700 allowance. He said those who had been identified as having been employed or engaged by another state institution also had their allowance suspended. Kojo Oppong Nkrumah, however said that of the 18,001 who had not genuinely received their allowance, 9,235 had reported to correct their information on the NABCo payroll hence will receive their payments from next week.
Over 1,000 recruits voluntarily quit
The Information Minister further revealed that about 1,000 recruits on the program had voluntarily exited the program, creating room for more people to be recruited. “Since October 2018 a total of 1,098 have also notified the secretariat of an intention to exit to other employment schemes. These voluntary exits are expected to continue as government continues to recruit into the public services. This will create more vacancies on the NABCO roll and will give the secretariat room to bring onboard persons who are on the waiting list and have not been placed yet.”–
Source : citinewsroom.com