Pro-J Finance and Accounting Officer will provide routine accounting and financial analysis support to the Pro-J Finance & Accounting Department. S/he will take ownership of the monthly review of field finance reports, bank reconciliations; asset & liability account balances and other financial data for assigned Pro-J offices and ensure compliance with all accounting and Pro-J practices and procedures.
- Support finance & accounting staff from Pro-J offices in the successful execution of their responsibilities including our clients jobs as when necessary.
- Reviews field finance reports, bank reconciliations, asset & liability account balances, and other financial data received from our offices on a monthly basis;
- Investigates accounting-related issues/problems, responds to questions, works with other offices staff to make approved corrections to accounting data as needed;
- Conduct compliance review of accounting documentation based on department procedures on a monthly basis;
- Prepare monthly financial reports for portfolio and reviewing reports with field managers and other interested parties.
- Provide special reports to program staff and donors
- Travel to field offices as necessary for training and/or financial review;
- Attends office support calls and other office-related meetings, as appropriate.
- Assists in drafting and reviewing new accounting-related policies & procedures
- Respond promptly, courteously, and correctly to inquiries from internal and external colleagues.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or related field
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- 1-5 Years related experience
- Strong Excel Skills
- Familiarity with QuickBooks or other accounting software
High level of analytical ability and attention to detail
- Effective organizational and time management skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects in a fast paced, deadline driven environment.